eHorseracing.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > eHorseracing.com Powered Horse Racing Boards > Off Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

My IRL music projects!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sabbath View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 38.80
  Quote sabbath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My IRL music projects!
    Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 2:53pm
The last year and a half I have been very active in the music scene. I became a mentor for a refugee from Syria, who came to Sweden at the end of 2015. He turned out to be a metal drummer (and since I also play the drums I was headhunted to help him get into our community). Anyways, he took over the drumming in my band, Bleak Summit, while I picked up the guitar.

Him and me also started playing with other people and also started a new project, called NÃ¥rdegaist. Last year we went into the studio and recorded our first song called 1361. Now we are in the studio recording our debut album.

During last year I also became a bassist of his syrian band, Karaj Adeem, which was started 8 years ago in Syria and is kept alive by my friend and the band leader (also a refugee in Sweden). Last year we had 2 gigs in my home town as a trio. Now we are 4 and I'm playing the guitar.

How many here are playing in a band or two? I'm interested to know what this community is like music wise.

Edited by sabbath - 20 Apr 2017 at 12:19am
Multi-G1 wnrs
3: High Cozzene
2: Tete Eilert, Tete Chiron, Tete Barzio, Tete Ciryaher

Group placings: G1 (17-20-21), G2 (31-31-36), G3 (40-67-45) = more than 300
beisbol View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

MBP : 96.20
  Quote beisbol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 8:08pm
Fantastic!

Horses who win races and stuff.
dkyoung View Drop Down
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner

MBP : 9.90
  Quote dkyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 2:38am
they say all drummers are frustrated guitarist don't they......
I can play a little on drums and guitar but are very sloppy and not much good but it's fun and I love it. wow 1361 is very moving I like Black Metal.Love satyricon you guys sound a bit like them.

Edited by dkyoung - 11 May 2017 at 2:43am
dkyoung View Drop Down
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner

Quote dkyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 2:58am
only fair to trade my projects are only solo and more classic and country influence 1 Drum cover and 1 Guitar cover to share

cowgirl in the sand

midnight rider

Edited by dkyoung - 11 May 2017 at 3:08am
smokeglack View Drop Down
Triple Crown Winner
Triple Crown Winner

MBP : 132.90
  Quote smokeglack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 3:18pm
Best drummers ever to me. Jonn Bonham

A man that respected his art and craft, but knew his place in the song!

If you listen to any of the greatest Zepp songs, you can litteraly hear his sound.

Buddy Rich was just an absolute freak to me.

DK, is that you?WOW I loved it bud. holy cow. Man that was good.

dkyoung View Drop Down
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner

Quote dkyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 1:14am
hey smoke ,yeah that is me but only on the drums in the midnight rider cover it is a drumnless cover I used to play along with but all me on cowgirl in the sand played banjo on that as well .been playing around with drums and guitar and always been into music, I try my best and that is enough for me.Love Bonham's drumming his snare sound and triplets are legendary.

Edited by dkyoung - 12 May 2017 at 1:23am
ric480 View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 4.60
  Quote ric480 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 1:14pm
Long time guitarist.  Played in a classic rock band for about 30 years (though the last 3 or 4 have been real slow as my band mates have become more interested in grandfatherhood. 

Played 2+ years in a doo wop group (into 2014).  Do a yearly blues show celebrating a local guitar hero/composer (7th year upcoming in July).  Gigged with a garage band and a country/rock group last year.  For the last 18 months been working with a sax player and drummer on a jazz duo/trio thing ( a few gigs ).  Also do a jazz quintet with the same sax player and others (gigs upcoming). 

Here's a video from 2007 of the classic rock group (almost exactly 10 years ago). It was at end of a very long night. (It's all I got).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lmn332t4gwI

Great stuff from y'all - play on my fellow musicians !!!
G3 winner Lemons Again
dkyoung View Drop Down
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner

Quote dkyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 7:50pm
great stuff ric ( don't know about that cow bell should of given her a very quiet tambourine)
ric480 View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 4.60
  Quote ric480 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 8:24pm
"don't know about that cow bell should of given her a very quiet tambourine"

Yeah, you got that right dk ! 

G3 winner Lemons Again
sabbath View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 38.80
  Quote sabbath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 12:14am
It's so nice seeing your music projects. Keep them coming!

PS. More cowbell is allowed!
Multi-G1 wnrs
3: High Cozzene
2: Tete Eilert, Tete Chiron, Tete Barzio, Tete Ciryaher

Group placings: G1 (17-20-21), G2 (31-31-36), G3 (40-67-45) = more than 300
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>