eHorseracing.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > eHorseracing.com Powered Horse Racing Boards > Residency and Player Series / Contests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

2017 New York-Bred Showcase Day (Dilly Dilly)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cvbear View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 192.60
  Quote cvbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2017 New York-Bred Showcase Day (Dilly Dilly)
    Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 2:48am
It's back again.  Reminisce (Crossposting again.)

By this time, I don't need to talk about local-bred racing and the soft spot I have for it, especially in, but not solely restricted to, New York-bred racing. It's what I was raised on, and what I enjoy seeing, because I remember the bad ol' days in the 1980s, when the kiss of death was usually a NY-bred MSW in the dead of winter, say, at Aqueduct.

These are much different times, though. A NY-bred can be a champion. That's where the idea for New York-Bred Showcase Day was born in the Sim. The latest incarnation happens on December 30, 2017, at the New York track.

Stability reigns at last, as I have not changed names, conditions or lineups of races from last year. Each local-bred stakes race is worth $100,000, and each race has a capacity of 16 runners to enter. It's not too late to find a few cheap New York sires and put together some possible entrants for Showcase Day.

Here again is the card of races. The conditions and names should be right this time, unlike the slight case of stupidity on my part with the Polly Cup.

Fio Rito Stakes (2YO colts) 8f

Grecian Flight Stakes (2YO fillies) 8f

Allez Milord Stakes (2YO colts) 7.5f T

Capades Stakes (2YO fillies) 7f T

Win Stakes  (3YO & up) 9f T

Dayatthespa Stakes (3YO & up FM) 8.5f T

Be Bullish Stakes (3YO & up) 7f

Shared Interest Stakes (3YO & up FM) 6f

Irish Linnet Stakes (3YO & up FM) 5f T

Fourstars Allstar Stakes
(3YO & up) 5f T

Easy N Dirty Stakes (3YO & up) 14.5f

CVBear's Gotham City Distaff (3YO & up FM) 8.5f

CVBear's Gotham City Classic (3YO & up) 9f

I'll probably buy a few local prep allowances to be run around Thanksgiving, as I've done in the past, but don't look for those to be picked up until later in the fall. In the meantime, come on out on December 30 and play!

And bring a snack for Donny Beisbol, because he looks like he like snacks...oh, wait...that's smack. Damn.

Well, he does look like snacks are his thing, anyway...
CVBear Stables: 2012 Sprint Champion Tolleson, 2018 Sprint Champion Auditorium, 2016 BB Dirt Mile winner River Of Doubt, Grade I winners Jesus Walks, Nights On Broadway, Sing Your Praises, and more!
cvbear View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 192.60
  Quote cvbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 6:41am
Brief update:

I have purchased a NY-bred prep race for each race on the Showcase card, for those who are looking to ship in for the big day and who'd like a way to get to the Showcase without spending Sim cash for travel.

Most of these prep races will be run on US Thanksgiving Day in New York, November 23, and a few for the older fillies will be run on November 27. Long story, TL;DR: the CPU said I hit a limit, and I had to adjust the date to get the races I wanted. It's still more than 4 weeks out, so no harm no foul, just a strange hassle. You have a choice, as others have bought non-conditioned NY-bred allowances during that period, but the batch I bought each have $75,000 purses, which is pretty neat.

Anyway, you have choices, so choose wisely for yourself, and hope to see you in NY.
CVBear Stables: 2012 Sprint Champion Tolleson, 2018 Sprint Champion Auditorium, 2016 BB Dirt Mile winner River Of Doubt, Grade I winners Jesus Walks, Nights On Broadway, Sing Your Praises, and more!
 Post Reply Post Reply