eHorseracing.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > eHorseracing.com Powered Horse Racing Boards > New Players Help Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Gelding

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iant View Drop Down
Triple Crown Winner
Triple Crown Winner

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 115.80
  Quote iant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 11:26am
I think Mike should ban gelded horses from races they are banned from IRL. You have the risk and reward factor IRL and should in the sim.
dydalt View Drop Down
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

MBP : 9.20
  Quote dydalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 5:21pm
What races or types of races are gelded horses banned from IRL? How would that translate to the sim?
iant View Drop Down
Triple Crown Winner
Triple Crown Winner

MBP : 115.80
  Quote iant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 6:20am
it is usually grade 1 races. Pretty much any in France and Classic races (for obvious reasons) run outside of the USA.
beerkeg2 View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

MBP : 0.00
  Quote beerkeg2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 7:43pm
Other than the loss of the ability to breed is there a downside to gelding?

Since returning I have started to geld all my new horses (I've been using up bargain sire cards). It sounds like its going to net a little more consistency.
sdubya View Drop Down
Allowance Runner
Allowance Runner

MBP : 3.70
  Quote sdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by beerkeg2

Other than the loss of the ability to breed is there a downside to gelding?

None to my knowledge although there's no guarantee of an upside either. I geld a lot of the horses I buy / claim and maybe one in five improve. If you have a horse that you were no real chance of breeding though I can't see any harm.
dydalt View Drop Down
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

MBP : 9.20
  Quote dydalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 7:00pm
Is farm time still the same for a gelded horse? If I send a horse to farm to geld, do I have to wait months before taking him out?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12