eHorseracing.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > eHorseracing.com Powered Horse Racing Boards > Residency and Player Series / Contests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Breeders Contest Idea - Gauging Interest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
beerkeg View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 0.80
  Quote beerkeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breeders Contest Idea - Gauging Interest
    Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 1:39am
I'm thinking of putting on an ongoing series for newly-bred horses (unraced) and am looking for feedback to see if there's interest and if so tweak the format.

I would run a 6F Maiden race on the 1st of the month (1 for colts/geldings and 1 for fillies), then on the 15th of the next month I would host a allowance/stakes race for the top performers (winners auto qualify, then the SP# would seed the rest). The winner of the 2nd race would get a prize (credits or unraced horse - tbd).

I'm thinking to keep it interesting I would take a 'poll' on which track to hit next, and then make it local breeding only.

- - - - - - - - - -

If possible could you guys respond with the following:

1) Would you enter this contest?
2) Should a limit be put on # of entries (I'm leaning to no limit, send them all)?
3) Should it be local breed only?
4) Would you prefer a credit prize, or a 2yo unraced prize (maybe a top sire from that specific track)?
5) How often would you take part (monthly/bi-monthly/quarterly/1-time)?

Cheers and thanks for the feedback!
valesa4 View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

MBP : 0.40
  Quote valesa4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 1:33pm
My residency had a racing series for unraced 2 y.o.

1) Would you enter this contest? yes
2) Should a limit be put on # of entries (I'm leaning to no limit, send them all)? yes?
3) Should it be local breed only? maybe
4) Would you prefer a credit prize, or a 2yo unraced prize (maybe a top sire from that specific track)? either works
5) How often would you take part (monthly/bi-monthly/quarterly/1-time)? I think this question should be "how often should it be run". If I were you, I would do it once and see what the enthusiasm is.

If you do a maiden race and follow it with an allowance/stake, how would it fill? Do 4 maiden races then an allowance/stake for the best performers. You could also mix it up and do 2 maiden races on dirt (one for fillies and one for open company) and 2 on turf.

I have a question, when people do contests, do they use their own credits to buy the races and reward the winners? Or is there some pool that people can request credits for contests?
kyogle View Drop Down
Triple Crown Winner
Triple Crown Winner

MBP : 298.00
  Quote kyogle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 5:27pm
1) Would you enter this contest? - Yes
2) Should a limit be put on # of entries (I'm leaning to no limit, send them all)? - Open to all. If you get multiple races for the maidens, that gives you more winners in you allowance / stake
3) Should it be local breed only? --No
4) Would you prefer a credit prize, or a 2yo unraced prize (maybe a top sire from that specific track)? - From experience, credits will achieve more interest. Many players have too many horses. Nobody has too many credits
5) How often would you take part (monthly/bi-monthly/quarterly/1-time)? - Don't know, but i'd suggest completing one series before commencing the next

My only other suggestion would be to stick to Saturdays, as some players may overlook the date. Say the first Saturday in Month 1, the third Saturday in month 2

Good Luck - I hope it gets off the ground and you get lots of interest
beisbol View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

MBP : 97.20
  Quote beisbol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 7:38pm
Yes
No
Yes
2yo
bimonthly
Horses who win races and stuff.
summerset View Drop Down
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

MBP : 12.10
  Quote summerset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 10:35pm
Id be interested for sure.
bonk6 View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

MBP : 0.10
  Quote bonk6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 6:04pm
I would totally be interested

1-yes
2-no
3-yes
4- either or
5- bi monthly or quarterly
bbt View Drop Down
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

MBP : 11.40
  Quote bbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 7:32pm
i'd give it a try
 Post Reply Post Reply