eHorseracing.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > eHorseracing.com Powered Horse Racing Boards > The Backside > Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Just a quick update...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 163.80
  Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just a quick update...
    Posted: 30 Nov 2008 at 9:29am

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Hello!

I just wanted to touch base with everyone about upcoming improvements, etc.

First off, I will be moving part of the horse racing operations out of my home and to a server in Texas within the next few weeks. The bandwidth is much faster (about 30x), and this will hopefully speed up some things as well as correct the database problems we run into every few weeks. It will increase the cost of running the game, but not as much as obtaining my own T1 line ($450 / month was the cheapest I was quoted for that, which didn’t include initial installation or router costs).

Secondly, for those that haven’t been around at year-end before, December is a busy month from my end. Adding, removing, rating, and re-rating sires for the game is a painstaking task. I will begin this process today, and expect it to take the majority of my free time throughout the rest of the year.

Also, I wanted to keep you guys updated on my current "workload":

As many of you know, I began working a full-time contract job in June 2008. I initially signed on through August, but am now contracted through the end of the year. If all works out, I will be signing another contract with a different company in January. Although my preference would be to pour those hours into SimulatedSports.com instead, it’s just not financially reasonable to do at this point in my life.

That being said, the faster bandwidth we are obtaining will allow me to make a couple of quick additions and changes that people have been requesting without getting into the full blown I started on before my recent contract obligations.

So I better get started on rating sires. Thanks to everyone that is sending me information about sires (especially the South American, South African and Europrean sires). If there are any Australian players that want to send me additional information, I’ll definitely incorporate it. Wink

Thanks!

--Mike

Post Reply Post Reply