eHorseracing.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > eHorseracing.com Powered Horse Racing Boards > The Backside > Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome the new mods!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 163.80
  Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Welcome the new mods!
    Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 8:18am

A few notes about the new mods :

Although I have several more moderators lined up "just incase", I went with a couple of old timers that I know are both regular contributors and responded quickly to my call for help,

Please welcome beisbol and alishan as moderators to our message board. Clap  Both have an extensive history with the game and it's players, and both are very active.  I have no doubt they will do a fine job.  They have permission to lock, move, and removed messages and threads, as well as lock players from posting.  A note: people locked from posting on the message board are also locked from using the chat.   As we are trying to refocus our main message board on the actual game, I don't expect them to be nearly as liberal as I have been in the past.  Messages that have no resolution, begin getting inflammatory in nature, and appear to drag on for pages will be locked much quicker.  For those that continuously fire these sorts of circular discussions, I would recommend you learn to state your opinions better and earlier.

A few notes :

Please keep thread in appropriate places.  If you post something that is non-game related in the "DerbyFever.com - The Game" area, it will be moved to the "Anything Else" board.   Real horse racing post go in their appropriate location as well, as does everything else.   I encourage non-game related discussion, but I would ask that you keep it in it's appropriate places.

I have added MBP's : message board points.  They really aren't used for anything yet, but I do have plans for them.  :)  You will be awarded some for most posts you make, depending on several factors.  There is a maximum number that can be awarded each day.  Please note, that this is to encourage useful posting and (eventually) award regular contributors.  People that regularly post irrelevant messages simply to increase their total will be removed from the MBP program as my (or the moderators) discretion.

All in all : I want a message board that reflects the good things in our community.  I know I am not in the minority when I state that the posts we have been seeing lately don't do a good job of that.  For those that find the new message board to restrictive, I will suggest to you what I have suggested to other : post messages like you like at your associated residency forums.   Posting on this board is a privilege, not a right. 

--Mike

Post Reply Post Reply