Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 163.00
  Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viewer Update and updates
    Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 8:08am

Hey guys!

I have received some positive feedback on the viewer.  I have also received some harsh criticism, which was expected.  I've run the game long enough to know my community, and you guys didn't disappoint. ;)

Please understand that this implementation of this viewer is not a cheap one.  The price I have already spent rivals a brand new SUV.  Suffice to say, I just don't have the sorry of money lying around to get everything done at once.   Moreover, internet loaded apps are extremely tricky to render properly; the limitations are much greater than CPU based software.   We're going to have to grow into this viewer.

I don't have the 3D graphical skill to do that now nor do I have the time to learn.  We have a small user base that is very generous but, until the game can prove monetarily feasible enough to make more expensive additions, I simply can't add them.   It's not that I don't want to; I do.  But I just cant.

I will, however, get a formal list of  “wants” together, and run it by the developers.  They will price it and I will let you guys know the exact price.   That will give us something to shoot for together as a community.

Trust me when I say : we're all in this together.  There is no one in this game that wants a perfect viewer more than myself.  But I am in a unique position to understand the hurdles (financial and technological) better than most, so maybe my short-term expectations are lower.  I also realize what we currently have in place is, gutwise, very close to what we want long-term.  I can promise you, however, that there is no one in the game with higher long-term expectations than myself and, thusfar, I am very pleased with what we have.

--Mike

Edited by administrator - 04 Sep 2010 at 3:21pm
 Post Reply Post Reply